Saturday, December 10, 2011

Book Swap

I can't remember if I've ever written about this, but every month a group of women  get together for a reverse book club. Instead of us all reading one book, we bring food, drink wine and then each talk about one book we've read. Or two or three. Usually we start with one because there are so many people wanting to talk. Anyone is invited and, over the past two years, I don't think we've had the same group twice. There aren't many men that have shown up though they are always welcome. It's always a blast and we get to learn about books we might not otherwise have looked at. It's very freeing, there's been a couple of times that I've gone and just listened. There's no pressure to join or even to talk. Oh, have I mentioned that the people in Gardiner are excellent potluck cooks? Love. It.


No comments: