Friday, May 18, 2012

Fur Ball


Every year the Stafford Animal Shelter throws a fantastic “ball” to raise money. There’s a silent auction and a live one with great items that are donated. Last year, the food was fantastic, the lines were short and the wine flowed freely. This year, they sold more tickets and expected that folks would move around as they ate so that people would circulate through the seats. I don’t know who thought that this would be a good idea or even feasible but it made it a little less enjoyable. Also, the food just didn’t have as much pop. I splurged on a martini and it was okay but not fantastic. Hopefully Vicki will be on the volunteer board again next year so we’ll get to hear what the plan is but I’ve got to say, if I’m spending $75, I would hope for something a little better than what we were given. I want good food that I can eat in one to two bites. They did a fantastic job in 2010 and I hope it gets back to that.
Other than that, over twenty people from Gardiner came, which was a huge percentage of the town and a great percentage of the number of people that actually showed up. A great chance to reconnect with some folks that I don’t normally get to see and probably won’t get to see with the business of summer coming up.
Fancy eyeliner from Birchbox. Pretty but it itched after awhile

Me and Pat

Laurel and Leigh Anne

Heidi and Leigh Anne

Leigh Anne and me

No comments: