Wednesday, July 18, 2012

SLA Conference

Every year, Jackie and I get to go to a library conference. Usually we go back and forth between SLA and WYLD or another smaller conference but for the past few years, we haven't really gotten to go anywhere. Last year, our check didn't get turned in in time for the SLA early bird rates and then our flight was was canceled to another one we were supposed to present at (we ended up Skyping our presentation). So, last October, we got set up for this year. I wasn't super-excited, because, last time, there wasn't much that I felt like I learned. This year, so much better. Plus, I was close to family (except for my parents who were in Montana.) Jackie and I went to go visit Breanna at her restaurant, David Burke's Primehouse. It was... beyond fantastic. I wish I had taken pictures of the food. It was... sublime. The trip was fun and I felt some very renewed energy in librarianship. Yay!
Where's Jackie?
Lake Michigan
Me and Bre


No comments: