Sunday, July 6, 2008

Drinking on the Fourth of July

This weekend was Shannon's wedding. She got married up in Belgrade. Trudy was nice enough to let me ride up with her. We got to the location and it was gorgeous. Big, red barn in the middle of the country, chickens running around everywhere. It was actually in the contract that we weren't allowed to harass the chickens (i.e. no chasing. No fun.) I even managed to adhere to that rule. But, come on, it's hard not to chase chickens.
The bride was radiant, the groom was handsome, Tyler was GREAT as the "priest." The dresses were even beautiful. Well, they might be usable again. And they flattered all of the women. At least, I thought so.
Ring bearer practicing for when the bride and groom emerge

The flower girls were also cute. This girls hair was done in a bow. not tied in abow, done in a bow. So cute!

Also cute, the already married couples
Becky and Dan
Kendra and Doug
Doug on the fence
Doug plays on both sides of the fence

The dinner was lovely and delicious. I think there were maybe a hundred people there. The music for dancing was provided by a play-list of tunes that the attendees had sent in beforehand.
The next day, we went tubing on the Madison River. It was, unfortunately, overcast and the runoff from the snow-melt is still going on. The river was quite chilly, but at least we didn't have to stand up and drag our tubes ever. Sometimes, when it gets warmer, you have to do that because the river is so low. Then, Kendra, Doug, Kevin, Trudy, Heidi, Emily and I went to Norris Hot Springs. it was low key and wonderful. I've never been there before and it was so different from Chico. The social atmosphere was so laid-back it was nice. I loved seeing all of my friends and it was so much fun to just hang out.

1 comment:

Dr.Thermophile said...

hey Jess could you send me pics of duggie and I? thanks Kendra