Monday, October 6, 2008

Where the heck've I been?

Exciting times. Two Fridays ago Jackie and I gave a presentation at the Western Pacific chapter of American Association of Law Libraries. I was super nervous. Especially since Jackie's daughter got married the weekend before so she was gone and I had to deal with a ridiculous number of people who didn't know that fall is supposed to be a shoulder season. Shoulder season=fewer people. At least, it's supposed to. But whatever. Even though we had to essentially pull ourselves together in a week, we kicked some serious butt. I went to the sessions both Friday and Saturday. Didn't learn very many new things but a lot of the ideas were definitely re-energizing. Just notice the slightly maniacal look on my face at the end of the conference.
It was great 'cause I got to go up to Bozeman and spend time with mon frer. Oh yeah. By the time I got there Friday night, my energy levels had subsided, a LOT. After driving up to Bozeman at 7, then waiting for a ridiculously long time to give my speech and then the rush of doing the speech and then doing it so well... I was zonked. But it was his friend Josh's birthday so there were a bunch of people that came over. It was fun but I just wanted to sleep. I had the conference the next day and my parents were coming in that night. More on their visit later.

No comments: