Thursday, June 11, 2009

Garage Sales and more

For the third year in a row, I have hosted a garage sale at my garage. Many things were the same as usual. I had very few things to put in. Carrie Guiles was an excellent co-host. We had many, many people bring items to the sale. Carrie contributed the use of her Wii, to the delight of neighborhood children. Breakfast casserole, mimosas and various other drinks were provided. Wonderful things.
But this year, we also stepped it up a notch. Most of the proceeds this year went to the Sweetgrass Humane Society. A new kitting wing is currently being added to the building. We also had many, many more people donate items. All told, I think there were 12-15 people putting items in this year. I don't have a picture but there were two clothes rods for hanging items and something like eight or nine tables full of clothes and other items. The first week was tons of fun. People showed up in droves. We had both customers and sellers. The Wii was a big draw, and of course, we had several people ask if it was for sale. I guess it was technically in the garage but it didn't have a price tag. The second week brought back many more customers but not as many sales people. I had also forgotten, when we planned the garage sale, that I had said that I would volunteer for the Yellowstone Days second annual fun run. I was set up at the first water station and got a good look as the runners got started. It was a good day for a run. Not particularly warm but not too too cold out. I handed out water and yelled encouragement and got some very strange looks for it but I had fun.
After the sale was over, Emily, Carrie, Mariah and I went to another sale up the valley. We then tried to look for another sale that was supposed to be futher up the way. Couldn't find it, but no one except Mariah had had lunch so we decided to go to Pine Creek. It was closed and we decided to just finish up by heading into Livingston. We had a perfectly delightful late lunch at the Rib and Chop House. The poor waitress. Carrie drove so she was fine but the rest of us had luncheon cocktails (the plural being one for each, not multiples for all of us). We were all giddy from sitting outside, then the drive and then watching the snow come down. Yes, 'twas snowing on the sixth of June. Anyway, we then went back to Carrie's. My pants were bothering me so I borrowed some shorts from Carrie. Running outside to the car, I put together this very charming ensemble. Note the sunburn on my face as well as the pot roast stain at the bottom of my shirt. I've always been a fashionista.

2 comments:

Becks said...

Yay for runners and snow!

Ssejig said...

I know. It hasn't snowed since. I've actually tempted fate by moving my plants into the garden. We'll see how that works out.