Sunday, April 3, 2011

Volunteering with the Ed Folks

Every once in awhile, I like to volunteer with other folks in the park. Knowing that I have Mondays off, my friend Trudy called and asked me if I'd like to go out with her and Michael and break some trail so that their next group of fourth graders wouldn't sink up to their waists. And it would have been up to their waists because I was definitely up to my mid-thigh most of the way. It was fun. Mostly. it was like doing the Stairmaster over and over and over and over... Even with the snowshoes on, I'd lift my leg up, up, up get it above the level of the snow, step... and fall right through. For four hours. Four. Hours. This was happening to both Trudy and I. Michael couldn't understand it as he just tramped right along, never even sinking in up to his ankles. Blergh. Good exercise though.
Stay there. Just... stay there.
Michael, aka "He who floats on snow"
I always forget how beautiful the park is in winter

No comments: