Sunday, October 23, 2011

EMS World Expo

Was planning to visit my parents in August. Then Carrie mentioned that she was going to Vegas to the EMS World Expo. Hmmmm.... Vegas... Warm. Hot. Pools. Where there are drinks with little umbrellas in them. Okay, you don't have to ask me twice. Or, in this case, at all. I'm not a huge Vegas fan but the summer here wasn't very warm and I was needing some blood boiling days to get over the long winter we just had and the long winter that we're slated to have. I didn't need to go to the conference. It was a chance to get away someplace to be with friends but not have to spend all my time with them. Then, it turned out to be cheaper to sign me up for the conference than it was to sign up the other five people who wanted to go. Oy.
Any way you cut it, though, I had fun. Lost more money than I meant to but I also didn't eat as much food as I had thought so it evened out. Got to eat some great food. Learned some EMS. It was pretty good.
My favorite lecture was "When Rosie met Johnny" about women in EMS. The speaker was dynamic adn very knowledgeable.
Lloyd really enjoyed traveling with Carrie and I. Neither one of us finished out meals so he got quite a bit of eextras. For a beanpole, the man sure can pack it away.


 Me on the Monorail
 Got to watch how Vegas would handle a mass casualty incident

No comments: