Sunday, July 19, 2015

Thorofare Trip Day 3

 An early rise had us on the trail just after 7. 45 minutes and 2 miles later, we were off trail, trying to find the game trail that had been suggested to us as a way to go.
 I can now definitively say that I do NOT like bushwhacking. Not a bit. We were trying to get up to the top of Trident, but weather and '88 tree region conspired against us. I can't say I wasn't grateful. I was bruised, scratched, tired, and sore. And so ready to just soak my feet in the creek. Not what we had hoped but I was okay with it. Even grateful.
An unknown plant


That's where we came from




Heidi had just said, "I don't want any pictures." So, I, of course, did this.

A boudoir picture. Just because








First day pic of the scratches. The bruises came in later


Everybody loves to end the day with Farkle!



No comments: