Saturday, August 17, 2013

Two Oceans Plateau - Day Six

Life Lessons Learned
I really, really, really like indoor plumbing (and I am happy to accept substitutes, see the pit toilet from yesterday)
Heidi and I starting out
Holy heck! The day started off at 5 when we all woke up and hustled our bustle to get in the trail by 6:15. The up didn't start immediately but it started eventually. Two thousand feet up to be exact. It was freezing but crossing the Snake River helped.
The view from Big Game Ridge was gorgeous. On the way up, Trudy and I saw a weasel with a teeny baby weasel that was very adorable.
We got to 1050 feet and Heidi and I broke into a dance party. Kool and the Gang and then "on top of the world." There was a fire on Promontory (alder) that we got to watch blow up. The smoke was thin enough that we got to see the Tetons.

Typical lunch, tuna packet on a Wasa. Trudy gave me some spices for this day to break up monotany



The way down sucked beans. It was steep and slidey. The last four or so were less steep but by that time, my feet and legs were so tired, I didn't care.
We made it to Harebell Cabin around 5. It was wrapped for a fire that almost derailed our trip. It looked like a giant Jiffy Pop container. Trudy, Jane, Heidi and I immediately went down to the creek and rinsed off. Nothing like skinny-dipping in the backcountry. And I got to play milkmaid on the way back up.


For breakfast- tried to finish Louisiana Red beans. Too damn spicy for the morning. Ended up with granola and dried milk. 
lunch was tuna with curry and a little mayo on wasa. We also finished off the M&Ms.
Dinner- Mountain house lasagna, not as good as the backcountry pantry and left lots of cheese on the spoon.

No comments: