Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Two Oceans Plateau-Day Three

I tired
Lessons learned- 
  • Find out which way is down before peeing.
  • If you pee on an upturned leaf, it will arc back up and hit your shoe
  • Nothing is so wonderful as a hot drink on a cold morning.
And cold
We started off earlier today, 8 o'clock. It was cold and gray in the morning which did not bode well after yesterday's hail/rain. But the sun came up and started pushing those clouds away. 
It was our third longest day today and I had developed a blister by our first stop of the morning. It was tiny and on my baby toe in between it and the toe next to it. Great. My weird feet strike again.
We ended up going through a lot of willows which is great moose area. But there were no moose. No moose for Jessi.
More Farkle
But I did fall during our final stream crossing. Once when a rock wobbled and again when I slipped trying to get up. Which earned me a new nickname, Double Whammy.
We got in about 4 o'clock which is a little worrying for our big day (14 miles) and our last day (13 miles). Mostly, we want to get in the car early enough to drive home (3 hour drive) and get in at a decent hour.

Breakfast was the rest of my Katmandu Curry with a tuna packet lunch and Backcountry Pantry lasagna was dinner. After the Katmandu curry, I mixed the dry things more evenly between my two packets.

1 comment:

Becks said...

Oh dear. Your hiking trip makes me want to visit.