Monday, April 26, 2010

Gardiner weekend

All of last week was uber-busy. It was our last Arts Council performance and I was the lead. This was the performance that was supposed to happen in February but was cancelled due to snow. Another little spar thrown in the works was that we had promised to provide dinner, but the woman who usually does that for us was called out of town. So, I pulled Emily and Allie into the mix. Thank goodness they were willing to help because I had NO clue how to make chili.
Between kickboxing, rugby, Parks-to-Paradise race meeting and everything else that was going on, I was pretty much not getting home 'til 8 or 9 and trying to get everything fixed up on all of my breaks and lunch. Saturday morning was the start to a nice relaxing day.
Our performers were supposed to show up at 6 with the show starting at 7. Well, one of them showed up at 6:55. Thank goodness Gardiner is so relaxed. I myself am not usually relaxed. In fact, I almost started freaking out because I wasn't panicking. But really, the worst thing that might happen would be that we'd sell off the dinner and have to refund some season tickets. No biggie. Especially since I'd get my post-show cocktail that much faster.
Then, Saturday, Josh came down to look for jobs and we got to spend some time together. Good weekend.

No comments: