Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Guatemala-Thursday

Well, we started off the day at the country house but there was nothing much to do so we all tripped on over to the city house. Where we poured concrete. Yep. It was concrete. Again.
We had lunch and then went to get the wood for the benches. Once again, the kids loved seeing me and I got hugs and high-fives all around. It was freaking awesome. The benches were cheaper to build so Todd fixed up a plan and we went to work. Well, they only let me do a little because, though I dearly love me some power tools, I'm not incredibly proficient.
That night was Miriam's birthday. Miriam was the owner, with her husband Gilberto, of the hotel where we were staying, Marelyn's mother. So Marelyn made a cake, some of Miriam's friends and family came and the family got a DJ. Yes, across the street in the hotel's garage, there was a DJ. It was the thirteen of us dancing our hearts out for the second night in a row. It was fun and exhausting and I was so glad there was only one more day of work because I was just tired of having so much fun.

No comments: